Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cupcake & Co - Paris

The Jury is Still Out on This One...
First of all, why do I keep going to cupcake spots in Paris? I mean, it is kinda stupid really. Do you go to Tokyo to get a cheeseburger? Oh yeah, I just remembered, I had the best cheeseburger of my life in Tokyo...... Anyway, I got a comment on my Berko Bakery post to try out Cupcake and Co. so off I went. It is a tiny, bright, welcoming place with a friendly patron who walked me through every cupcake she had on offer. She assured me that all were freshly baked each morning.


There were so many to choose from but I settled on a mocha. It had a coffee bean on top of the icing, similar to Baked in Brooklyn. However unfair a comparison, it didn't come close to Baked, which have the best cupcakes in my humble opinion. It had a tough outer shell as if it had been sitting for some time. The softer cake on the inside was ok, nothing overwhelming. The icing was pretty decent however. In their defense, I was warned that this type of cupcake would be tough on the outside (of course, my French being what it is, I only put two and two together after my first bite.) I will got back to try some of their other cupcakes before I form a final opinion.


25, rue de la Forge Royale
11th Arondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Oh boo hoo to be stuck in Paris! It's been ages since I've been there, I wouldn't know where to point you at all... :( I don't even know any good blogs for you to read! But we'll definitely be keeping an eye on where you do end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, never heard of this place. love hearing about new sweet spots for sure, especially in paris.

    meanwhile, you have an obligation to test paris' attempt at cupcakes - to see how they measure up against the ny/brooklyn standards! that's why i taste macarons in ny too!

    and i'm with you, mocha's always my first choice...

    ReplyDelete