Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Five Guys - Brooklyn

Cajun Fries Cure the Blues
Came out the subway after work feeling kinda down, kinda enervated. Remembered there was a Five Guys a few footsteps away and slowly made my way over.

All I was thinking about were the fries - the cajun fries. These remind me of the Puffin. Five Guys only use potatoes from Idaho and they make em fresh and fry em up in peanut oil. As I waited, I started to feel a bit better.

Just the sight of em made me perk up. Golden, crispy and loaded with cajun spices. I ordered a small but got what seemed like 2 lbs of fries. I sat in the window, looked out on Montague St and downed em one at a time. Things started looking up.
Brooklyn Hts, Brooklyn
(and many other locations)

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Five guys fries... Funny how I seem to be seeing how the fries look like for the first time. Why? Cause the last time Grumpy and I gobbled everything up before we got home.

    It was so good that once you start, you cannot stop.... Send some over to Singapore for me babe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I don't think they would travel too well in the mail. Instead, I will go back and have another batch tonight, in your honor!!

    ReplyDelete