Friday, August 14, 2009

La Place Cafe - Hanoi

A Different Kind of Juice Place
We tried the street juice in the morning and turned in a different direction later in the day. La Place cafe had air conditioning and even colder juices, hard for the street sellers to beat when it's close to 100 degrees.


It's a cute place with a lot of color and I was comforted by the fact that a lot of locals were hanging inside. They offer food, coffee and desserts but we were there to quench our thirst with something frosty. Like the Hidden Cafe, they have multiple levels, the middle one is above the kitchen along the hallway up to the third level.

We came here a number of times as it was close to our hotel. We settled on one juice in particular as our favorite - honey citrus freeze. It doesn't sound like much and my photo doesn't do it justice. This just may be the best "slushie" I've ever had. Ever, as in ever in life. It is that good. The honey takes the edge off the tang, but not overly so. We rushed, headlong into deep straw-gulps until paralyzed with brain freeze and knocked back in our seats, eyes scrunched up.


4 Au Trieu Street
Hanoi, Vietnam

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes..this slush is definitely the bestest slush in the world!

    As I sit here in my hot, humid Singapore living room reading and commenting on Pufflist(with FN sitting across me busying updating the blog AGAIN), I wish I had one of this citrus honey freeze NOW to drink! Somebody bring me some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am missing this slushie.... every time I peel my wet, hot shirt off my back.....

    It's hot in SG!

    ReplyDelete